Sunday, August 16, 2009

I know a lot of people say this, but I actually mean it

I'm not afraid to die.

What's there to fear? If you're gone you're gone. There are no more worries because there is no more YOU. At least not in the physical sense. Haven't been into religion for quite sometime now but it isn't a stretch for me to think of the "spirit" as something real. The Law of conservation of energy says that energy can not be created or destroyed only transferred. Sounds like how religious people speak of God (cannot be created nor destroyed) and death (energy transferred).

But I digress.
One thing I think is actually worthy of fearing is being alive in a non-functional state...meaning severely handicapped. That would suck.

Not only would it suck to be the person who can't control themselves, but also for those people who are in control of you. Like they literally hold your life in their hands. Do they try to keep you living even though you may suffer the whole time? Do they cut you off quick? It's the dictionary definition of a catch 22.



Just some shit I thin about from time to time.

3 comments:

  1. ..nice blog..check out my blog neeshbfly.blogspot.com and if you like it follow me..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. im really working on that fear of death coz i do, the feeling of not being able to do anything anymore, so i just live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the fear of death is cultivated by what you believe in and what you were raised to believe in (religiously speaking). I would HATE to "check out" before I accomplished my more important goals because they aren't just goals that benefit me but they would benefit others. But as far as the physical side of death, not being around anymore...I've always looked at it as, I can't miss what I can't acknowledge...so I know how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete