Friday, April 17, 2009

the face of war

Today I was in one of my graphic design classes...and in this particular class we just have a a huge collection of magazines for collage purposes...so I'm going through hem looking for something interesting and I come across this wedding picture. The saddest thing I've ever seen in my life. Damn near moved me to tears. The Groom apparently came back from the war with third degree burns all over his face. His head didn't have any recognizable features on it and yet there was an aura of sadness surrounding him. The bride reflected the sadness...not smiling...but instead with a very disturbed look upon her face. The only thing remotely pleasant in the entire picture was the grooms military uniform which was so clean and organized.

I'm sure there is something philosophical to be taken from this. Something deeper I could take from it other than the flat cliche that war is hell...

But for now... I can't find it.

I was tempted to scan it and share it but I didn't want to have that feeling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment